Treatment Uses of Botox and Fillers in Dentistry
Botox is FDA approved and is commonly used for reducing wrinkles to provide a more youthful appearance. However, it can also serve many purposes in the field of dentistry. At Simarro Brothers Dental Care in Antioch, California, Drs. Nathan and Ryan Simarro offer Botox and filler injections to relieve jaw pain associated with dysfunction of the TMJ (temporomandibular joint), enhance your lips, jaw, and chin, and to help relieve symptoms associated with orofacial pain & chronic migraine headaches. Dentists are highly trained at giving injections, which makes us uniquely qualified to treat patients with Botox and fillers. Treatments with filler are completely painless with your dentist because we offer local anesthesia & dental numbing techniques that other medical facilities don’t use.
About Botox and Fillers
Botox is a neuromodulator primarily used to prevent muscle contraction. Aside from its cosmetic benefits, in dentistry Botox can be a useful tool to address a wide variety of dental related issues. Most Botox treatments take about 1-2 weeks to take full effect and last about 3-4 months. Administering Botox is simple, quick, and painless. Treatments with Botox take less than 30 minutes.
Dermal fillers are injectable gels containing hyaluronic acid (HA) used to enhance facial features and aid in achieving cosmetic improvements for areas of the face where botox alone may not be sufficient. As we age we lose tension in our skin which can create large creases and folds that Botox cannot effectively correct. Using filler in these areas can add volume to your lips, chin, and jaw to provide a more youthful look and improve the appearance of your smile. Most Filler procedures are performed in 30-45 minutes and last for 12-18 months.
Benefits of Botox and Fillers
Muscle tension in your face and jaw can make you prone to jaw pain, chronic headaches, earaches, and painful chewing. Patients that clench and grind their teeth often have overactive jaw muscles that can lead to these symptoms and be very destructive to your teeth and dental restorations. Your Antioch dentists use Botox to relax these muscles to provide pain relief and minimize the damage associated with clenching and grinding. Relaxing facial muscles also helps reduce wrinkles in your skin to give you a more youthful appearance.
Filler products are long lasting and can correct areas of the face that Botox cannot. Filler has huge cosmetic benefits in reducing the features that come with aging. Drs Nathan & Ryan Simarro use local anesthesia to ensure your experience with dermal filler products is painless.
Here are just a few ways Botox treatments by your dentist can benefit you:
- Relieve TMJ & orofacial pain – Botox injections in your face and jaw can help relax muscle tension to relieve painful TMJ symptoms.
- Minimize bruxism – Relaxing muscle tension in your jaw helps minimize clenching & grinding to reduce wear and tear on your teeth & dental restorations
- Improve your smile – Botox can be used to relax lip muscles to lower your smile line, making your smile more asymmetrical and eliminating that “gummy smile” appearance.
- Enhance your lips – Botox can be used in a procedure called the lip flip, which provides a fuller appearance to your lips without the use of filler products
Dermal fillers help improve your facial features to bring out the beauty of your smile. Filler treatments from your dentist in Antioch can provide the following benefits:
- Give volume to your lips to highlight your smile
- Correct deeper creases and skin folds that cannot be treated with botox
- Improve the shape of your jaw and chin
- Correct lipstick lines and eliminate “droopy” skin
- Local anesthesia makes treatments painless with the use of local numbing techniques used frequently by dentists
*Most filler treatments offered at other medical facilities are performed with the use of numbing creams and are much more uncomfortable than receiving filler treatments with your dentist. Drs Nathan & Ryan Simarro will make sure your experience with dermal filler is completely painless.
To learn more about the benefits of dental Botox and fillers, contact Simarro Brothers Dental Care in Antioch, CA, at (925) 723-9090.